The regulation which governs rural guesthouses and rural farmhouses in The Basque Region.



Rural Farm houses

Decree 128/1996 of 28th May governing tourist accommodation establishments in the rural setting, modified by decree 210/1997, of 23rd September.

Download regulation on PDF
Download decree on PDF
 Decree 191/1997 of 29th July which governs tourist apartments, tourist holiday homes, accommodation in private guest houses and Rural Guest Houses.

  Download regulation on PDF

For more information consult:

To open a rural guesthouses operation contact the Department of Agriculture from the corresponding Foral Government and the Department of Tourism of the Basque Government. If you wish to open a Rural Farmhouse just contact the corresponding Local government office of the Tourism office of the Basque Government.

Department of Agriculture


Department of Tourism

  • Gobierno Vasco Desarrollo Rural (Basque Government Rural Development)
    Donostia-San Sebastián, 1
    01010 Vitoria-Gasteiz
    Tel: 945 01 96 93
  • Diputación Foral de Álava
    Vicente Goicoechea, 6-4º planta
    01010 Vitoria-Gasteiz
    Luis Verastegi
    Tel: 945 18 18 18 (Ext. 2317)
  • Diputación Foral de Bizkaia
    Lehendakari Agirre Etorbidea, 9-2º
    48014 Bilbao
    Patxi Zabala
    Tel: 944 06 68 36
  • Diputación Foral de Gipuzkoa
    Plaza de Gipuzkoa, s/n
    20004 Donostia-San Sebastián
    José MªLosa
    Tel : 943 48 21 76
  • Gobierno Vasco Turismo de Álava (Alava Tourism Department Basque Government)
    Samaniego, 2
    01008 Vitoria-Gasteiz
    Manuel Gonzalez
    Tel: 945 01 70 55
  • Gobierno Vasco Turismo de Bizkaia (Bizkaia Tourism Department Basque Government)
    General Concha, 23
    48010 Bilbao
    Ana Lekue
    Tel: 944 03 14 00
  • Gobierno Vasco Turismo de Gipuzkoa (Gipuzkoa Tourism Department Basque Government)
    Easo, 10
    Donostia-San Sebastián
    Miren Etxebeste
    Tel: 943 02 25 64
  • Gobierno Vasco Desarrollo Rural (Rural Development Basque Government)
    Donosita-San Sebastián, 1
    01010 Vitoria-Gasteiz
    Tel: 945 01 96 93

Should you need to make a "formal complaint" about a rural tourism establishment or rural farmhouse in Euskadi you can request the "Complaints Form" in any of the offices of the Department of Tourism of the Basque Government previously indicated.


In this section you can find a list of economic funding both for opening and running these establishments.

ACC 2007 Gauzatu Turismo
CTC 2007 Spri
Search for accommodation on the map
By words:
Arrival date:   
Departure date:   
Rooms:Room No.
Apartments:Apart. No.
Whole house:
Diseño web Veiss
Home  |  Links  |  Site map  |  Contact
logo Nekatur
logo Euskadi...made in        logo Diputación Foral de Bizkaia        logo Diputación Foral de Gipuzkoa        logo Diputación Foral de Álava
2007 Nekazalturismoa . Edificio Kursaal - Avda. Zurriola 1 - 20002 Donostia  |  Tel. 902 130 031  |