Welcome to the EIZIE web page (EIZIE stands for Euskal Itzultzaile, Zuzentzaile eta Interpreteen Elkartea or Association of Translators, Correctors and Interpreters of Basque Language).
Who are we?
EIZIE brings together professionals engaged in translation or interpreting from and into Basque. The Association was founded in the autumn of 1987 with the following aims:
- To improve the legal status and working conditions for Basque translators.
- To maintain the quality of translation work from and into Basque.
- To promote Basque translation.
- To improve the professional training of our translators.
How EIZIE is organized
The highest governing body of the Association is the General Assembly made up of all members. Members elect the Council every two years.
There are also five working committees organized in the following areas:
- Administration and Justice
- Freelance translators and agencies
- Interpreters and language revisors, proofreaders...
- Mass Media
- We encourage exchange of information among translators, interpreters, and correctors.
- We give legal advice to members concerning copyrights, taxes, agreements...
- We organize courses and seminars
- Members receive a copy of all publications