A Book Sprint brings together a group to produce a book in 3-5 days. There is no pre-production and the group is guided by a facilitator from zero to published book. The books produced are high quality content and are made available immediately at the end of the sprint via print-on-demand services and e-book formats.
Zero to book in 5 days. Seem impossible? Its not, its very possible, fun, and extremely rewarding.
There are three common reasons to do Book Sprints:
- Produce a book
Produce a beautiful printed book in less than 5 days.
- Produce knowledge
Capture the knowledge of the Book Sprint participants and produce comprehensive materials that your need and others want.
- Team building
Spending a week writing a book together is a tremendous team/community building process.
What is Book Sprints.net?
BookSprints.net is where the Book Sprint methodology all started and it is a network of Book Sprint facilitators and book sprinters. We aim to:
* document the Book Sprint methodology
* push the Book Sprint Methodology into new areas and explore new facets of the facilitation process
* keep the methodology open
* establish research processes
* enable peer discussion and feedback amongst facilitators
* provide a place for people to learn about Book Sprints and improve their facilitation skills
* provide training services
* provide facilitation services